Learn the basics of using the Pocket NC V2-10 at courses.pocketnc.com.* From moving the machine's axes to programming your first part in Fusion 360, this course will walk through all of the important steps of making a basic part on the Pocket NC mill. This course is ideal for the user new to CAM and CNC machining.
*This course is geared towards educators and students at the most basic CAM and CNC level. You can use this online course for self-directed learning as an industry or personal customer as well. We also have free learning resources available here.
- Course Format
- Materials Required
- Optional Materials
The online course is predominately videos with the scripted text written below. The online course is comprised of 5 chapters and a total of 23 lessons. Material will take novice students about 8-10 hours to complete.
Note: While you can use the V2-50 there will be some sections of the course that will differ for instance the tool loading, however you can still program and cut the parts with the V2-50 without making any modifications.
Materials Required in Pocket NC 101 Course:
- Fusion 360 license (please note that the cost of the course does NOT include a Fusion 360 license this must be obtained separately)
- End Mill (comes standard with V2-10)
- 2" Wax block (comes standard with V2-10)
- Custom Vise (comes standard with V2-10)
- ER40 Fixture and 1" Collet (does not come standard, purchase separately)
- Delrin B-table stock (does not come standard, purchase separately)