Fusion 360 Update
This post was updated September 17, 2020 with the latest updates to Fusion 360 that will affect personal users. One year Fusion 360 licenses stopped being offered in Fall 2019.
This month (October 2019) Autodesk made some changes in the way that Fusion 360 is offered. They have detailed information on these changes here.
To summarize what this means for our customers:
- 5-Axis Tool Paths: Fusion 360 used to be comprised of two tiers, a basic tier and the Ultimate tier. The Ultimate was the only tier which offered 5-axis tool paths. Now Fusion 360 offers one tier and they brought the 5-axis tool path features from Ultimate into that one offering of Fusion 360. If you get Fusion 360 there are three 5-axis tool paths offered without any extra cost which are swarf, flow and multi-axis contour.
- We are no longer offering the 1-year free trial of Fusion 360 as this is no longer an offering from Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Educators: If you are an educator, Fusion 360 remains free. Register for an account here.
- Personal Users: Please note that as of October 1, 2020 multi-axis functionality is no longer available in the free personal user Fusion 360 license. More information can be found here.
- Professional/Commercial Users: a one year license costs $495 (in the US - prices vary worldwide), the only change here is that we no longer offer the one year Fusion 360 trial.
- We have recently started a partnership with LeeVerage Integration, they are certified to both sell Fusion 360 and HSM CAM and train users on Fusion 360 and HSM CAM. If you are looking for training and/or to have a support contact for CAM please reach out to them at email@example.com, note they can sell and train (online or in person) in the US and Canada only
As a reminder, the Pocket NC machines take G-code and we offer an array of post-processors that are offered by various CAM software companies, a list can be found here. We recognize that many of our Pocket NC users are getting into machining for the first time with the Pocket NC machines and are grateful that we were able to offer an initial one year CAM solution for free with Autodesk Fusion 360 for the last four years. Their pricing remains competitive for offering a CAM software with 5-axis capability. Please reach out to us if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.