Fusion 360 Update
This month Autodesk made some changes in the way that Fusion 360 is offered. They have detailed information on these changes here.
To summarize what this means for our customers:
- 5-Axis Tool Paths: Fusion 360 used to be comprised of two tiers, a basic tier and the Ultimate tier. The Ultimate was the only tier which offered 5-axis tool paths. Now Fusion 360 offers one tier and they brought the 5-axis tool path features from Ultimate into that one offering of Fusion 360. If you get Fusion 360 the 5-axis tool paths are offered in it without any extra cost.
- We are no longer offering the 1-year free trial of Fusion 360 as this is no longer an offering from Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Educators: If you are an educator, Fusion 360 remains free. Register for an account here.
- Personal Users: You can register for a free Fusion 360 account, but there are some restrictions in the license. More details here.
- Start-Ups: You can apply for a free commercial account if you meet certain requirements. More details are here.
- Professional/Commercial Users: a one year license costs $495, the only change here is that we no longer offer the one year Fusion 360 trial.
- Lastly, while all 5-axis tool paths are in the version that is free for educators, personal use, and start-ups, or $495 for commercial use, there are extensions offered from Fusion 360 to extend the capability of the software. Again, these extensions are not needed to run the Pocket NC, so you do not need to purchase them, but they may be useful to you in other capacities. You can find more information on these offerings here.
- We have recently started a partnership with LeeVerage Integration, they are certified to both sell Fusion 360 and HSM CAM and train users on Fusion 360 and HSM CAM. If you are looking for training and/or to have a support contact for CAM please reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org, note they can sell and train (online or in person) in the US and Canada only
As a reminder, the Pocket NC machines take G-code and we offer an array of post-processors that are offered by various CAM software companies, a list can be found here. We recognize that many of our Pocket NC users are getting into machining for the first time with the Pocket NC machines and are grateful that we were able to offer an initial one year CAM solution for free with Autodesk Fusion 360 for the last four years. Their pricing remains competitive for offering a CAM software with 5-axis capability and they remain committed to providing access to educators, start-ups, and personal users for free. Please reach out to us if you have any questions at email@example.com.