That's a wrap!
Since we have wrapped up our Kickstarter campaign, we wanted to take a post to say a huge thanks to everyone who backed us! We are really excited to have the go ahead to move into full production. We have got a head start on the process since we met our goal a few weeks ago and are machining through some aluminum while we wait for our funds to come in to finish ordering our components. We have been producing about 200 pounds of aluminum chips a week.
We also have the boards for our BeagleBone Black capes on order. The photo below is one of the left overs from the last batch of working prototypes that we produced and saw no issues with. We owe a big thanks to the folks over at OSH Park for all the help they've been through our prototyping process. If you are looking for a place to get small batches of boards prototypes, we highly recommend working with them!
One issue we have been struggling with for a while has been finding a way to cover the fastener holes on our linear bearings that is functional, looks good, and won't add an hour to our assembly process. We weren't too happy with the plastic caps that are made for this purpose and even tried out essentially a hot glue gun and plastic which didn't work too well either. We finally got around to prototyping some very thin laser cut shims that we are very happy with on all fronts. It's all about the details, people!